Saturday, December 24, 2005

You didn't celebrate Christmas??? What does that mean?...

After people find out that technically my family doesn't celebrate christmas in the traditional sense, i always get "the look". you know - the look you give someone when they say something that is completely foreign, something that just doesn't register as sane to you. then i tell them that i grew up in a jehovah's witness household and the look turns into a look of pity that is attempting to mask itself with understanding. yeah right. i know people don't understand but that's okay. personally i think it's made me a better person around this insane time of year. i'm not a jehovah's witness now and we did sort of have christmas when i was little ((because my mom didn't want us to feel like outcasts AND my grandmother (dad's mama, not mama's mama) would have murdered my mother had her grandchilden not had christmas)) but i still think that no one really appreciates christmas. there isn't another time of year besides christmas where people are in a more foul mood. i just don't understand it. although i may not have had a christmas tree and thousands of presents that i would play with for a week and then forget out, i always appreciated this time of year because i knew that my entire family would be together. to me, that's what is's about.

so don't buy me a thing for christmas -just give me a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home