Friday, November 04, 2005

support... or lack thereof

Sometimes i feel that the one who should be there for me most won't be if a situation came along that wasn't convienent. think about it. are you really there for other people when they need you? i try to be, but i have to take a step back and think about it. all i want is the best for people around me. no matter what people do, if it'll make them happy and a better person then i will support them on it and do whatever i can to at least try my best to be there for them. suave's been there for me through everything, but if i really think about it, in terms of distance, we've never gone through a long period of time that we were apart. i remember when i first told him i was going to chile, he told me he would break up with me. at first i really considered not going because i didn't want to lose him, and then i realized "hey, this is something good for me. if he was going somewhere, i'd support him. why can't he do the same?". then he changed and now he'd be okay if i went away for a short period of time. but if i wanted to do something that i think would enhance me as a person and entailed me being away for a longer period of time (whether that period of time is 1 month, 6 months, or 2 years) i really don't think he'd be there. like i said, i just want what is best for the people i love. i'm not asking that he stops his life - i WANT him to go and do things and live his life. he NEEDS to do this, but why is it that he can't at least support me and say "you know what, if you feel like you need to do this, then you do it, i'll continue my life and better myself at the same time, and we'll at least try to make it work?" no. he has to say that we can't be together. maybe i'm wrong in thinking this. all i know is that yes, long distance relationships are very hard and once you've been with someone for so long it's hard to be apart from them, but if he told me today that he was moving back to NY for a great opportunity and to better himself i would be all for it because i know it's the best thing for him. i don't finish school for another year so that's a whole year apart, but would i say "no, sorry, can't do it!"? no. i think we've been together long enough and been through enough BULLSHIT that we could handle it, but maybe he thinks differently. if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. sue me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home